Water Pump for Vag 1.4 Gasoline Engines in New and Improved Design
Previously we have reported on the challenges of sporadic noise encountered by repair shops and car owners in connection with a special water pump used on a wide range of 1.4 gasoline engines from VAG. With several design changes, we have now succeeded in solving the problems.
As previously reported in the article - Cars with VAG 1.4 gasoline engine: Do you experience noise from the water pump? - the source of the noise is vibration from the belt drive which spreads into a spring-loaded flange in the outer pulley of the water pump. At certain rpm, this results in the spring-loaded flange being put into vibrations and thereby accidentally striking an opposite flange in the inner pulley of the water pump, causing the noise to occur.
The new and improved design at 8600 29062
In our new and improved edition, we have changed the design in four areas. We have:
1. Increased the clearance between the two flanges
2. Increased the diameter of the outer pulley flange
3. Increased the thickness of the outer pulley flange
4. Changed the material of the outer flange from steel to aluminum
It is more than six months since we have implemented the above changes and since then according to our knowledge no repair shops have experienced problems with noise from the water pump.
The noise can occur on cars with the following engine type (11.2005 - 08.2015):
• 1.4 FSI with engine types CAVB, BLG
• 1.4 TSI with engine types CAVA, CNWB, CTHA, CAVF, CNUB, CTHF, CTJB, CAVD, CNWA, CTHD, CTKA, CAVC, CTHC, CTHB, BMY, BLG, BWK
• 1.4 TFSI with engine types CAVG, CTHG, CTJA
• 1.4 TSI RS with engine types CAVE, CTHE
• 1.4 GTi with the engine types CAVE, CTHE
within the brands Audi, Seat, Skoda and VW. For more information about the car models and specific years: Enter 8600 29062 in Triscan's TriWeb and go to “Ref. List”.
Among others the water pump 8600 29062 fits on the VW Touran